Visit york.ca/cycling for a full list of trails and GPS map downloads!
Just a thirty minute drive northwest of Toronto, this ride starts in the quaint farming community of Schomberg, home to one of Canada’s longest running agricultural fairs. The area boasts a unique ecological heritage evident at the Cold Creek Conservation Area where rare black spruce trees can be found. The village of Kleinburg marks the halfway point in the ride and its main street is perfect for exploring local shops and restaurants. Be sure to stop at the renowned Pathways to Perennials and enjoy their beautiful outdoor Blossom Café.
Towns of Schomberg & Kleinburg
Experienced road cyclist – mostly mixed traffic on quieter roads
Possible Starting Points:
- Trisan Centre (Schomberg) – overnight parking
- Bindertwine Park (Kleinburg) – overnight parking
- King City GO Station – overnight parking
A. At Main Street Schomberg, there is a variety of delicious local restaurants and cafes. We suggest
The Scruffy Duck Restaurant, Leonardo’s On Main, The Schomberg Pub & Patio, Grackle
Coffee, and Port Soiree Restaurant Café.
B. Take a break from cycling and have a hike through the beautiful forest at Cold Creek Conservation
Area. Experience the diverse wildlife and variety of terrains. Make sure to bring your bug repellant!
C. The Nashville Conservation Reserve features the beautiful Humber Valley Heritage Trail,
which follows the Humber River. Stop by for a stroll in the scenic areas by the water.
D. Stop by Kleinburg Main St (kleinburgvillage.ca) on Islington Ave. Bike down the
pedestrian-friendly street and view the variety of beautiful heritage and modern buildings.
E. Visit the McMichael Canadian Art Collection. McMichael is home to thousands of legendary
Canadian art pieces by Tom Thomson, the Group of Seven, aboriginal groups, and more. Enjoy the thirteen
exhibitions, floor-to-ceiling windows, and beautiful lush forest surrounding the gallery. Explore the
outdoor hiking trails and the Ivan Eyre Sculpture Garden as well.
F. Try apple picking and some sweet desserts at Country Apple Orchard Farm (3105 16th Side Road) and
Pine Farms Orchard (2700 16th Side Road). Make sure to check online for their picking schedules.
G. Have a unique lunch at The Blossom Café at Pathways to Perennials, and be seated within the
lush outdoor gardens. Enjoy the variety of plant life and view the beautiful Zen garden.
Maps and directions courtesy of
START - Main Street Schomberg
1. Turn RIGHT onto Church St 0.2 km | 1.6 km
2. Turn RIGHT onto Rebellion Way 1.8 km | 0.1 km
3. Turn LEFT onto 19th Sdrd 1.9 km | 2.5 km
4. Turn LEFT onto Concession Rd 11 4.4 km | 10.5 km
5. Turn RIGHT onto King St 14.9 km | 1.5 km
6. Turn LEFT onto Caledon King Townline S 16.4 km | 2.0 km
a. CONTINUE onto Albion Vaughan Rd
7. Turn LEFT onto King Vaughan Rd 18.4.km | 5.1 km
a. CONTINUE onto Cold Creek Rd
8. Turn LEFT onto Nashville Rd 23.5 km | 5.1 km
9. Turn RIGHT onto Islington 28.6 km | 0.2 km
10. Turn LEFT onto Stegman’s Mill Rd 28.8 km | 1.6 km
a. CONTINUE onto Teston Rd
11. Turn LEFT onto Kipling Ave 30.4 km | 3.8 km
12. Turn RIGHT onto King Vaughan Rd 34.2 km | 4.5 km
13. Turn LEFT onto Weston Rd 38.7 km | 11.1 km
14. Turn LEFT onto Lloydtown-Aurora Rd 49.8 km | 6.4 km
15. Turn RIGHT onto Hwy 27 56.2 km | 0.9 km
16. Turn LEFT onto Main St 57.1 km | 0.9 km