Visit york.ca/cycling for a full list of trails and GPS map downloads!
We all know that Holland is bike country, but did you know that you can cycle through a slice of Dutch-style farmland right here in Ontario? The Holland Marsh is comprised of 7,000 acres of reclaimed land first cultivated by fifteen Dutch families in 1934. Their legacy left us with the scenic Holland Canal Road overlooking rich fields perfect for vegetable farming. Leave from King City and celebrate this “rural ride” with stops at the Apple Orchard Farm, Pine Farm Orchards and the rural farming village of Schomberg.
START - King City Arena
1. Turn LEFT onto King Rd | 4.3 km
a. Turn RIGHT onto Keele St
2. Turn LEFT onto 16th Avenue 4.3 km | 2.1 km
3. Turn RIGHT onto Jane St 6.4 km | 5.2 km
4. Turn LEFT onto Lloydtown-Aurora Rd 11.6 km | 10.3 km
a. CONTINUE onto Rebellion Way
5. Turn RIGHT onto Church St 21.9 km | 1.6 km
6. Turn LEFT onto Main St 23.5 km | 3.8 km
a. CONTINUE onto 20th Sdrd
7. Turn RIGHT onto 3rd Line 27.3 km | 5.5 km
8. Turn RIGHT onto 5th Sdrd 32.8 km | 0.6 km
9. Turn LEFT onto Canal Rd 33.4 km | 0.3 km
10. Turn RIGHT onto Pump House Rd 43.7 km | 1.6 km
11. Turn RIGHT onto Graham Sdrd 45.3 km | 0.5 km
12. Turn LEFT onto Duff erin St 45.8 km | 2.4 km
13. Turn RIGHT onto King St 48.2 km | 8.1 km
a. CONTINUE onto Keele St
14. Turn LEFT onto King Rd 56.3 km | 0.1 km
15. Turn RIGHT onto Doctors Ln 56.4 km | 0.1 km
This Trail map is available in our store for free. Pick one up before you ride!
Towns of King City & Schomberg
Experienced road cyclist – paved shoulders and mixed traffic on quieter roads
Possible Starting Points:
- King City Arena – overnight parking
- Bradford GO Station – overnight parking
- Trisan Centre (Schomberg) – overnight parking
- Accommodations at Best Western Newmarket or Seneca College King Campus
A. Near King City Arena, there is a variety of local restaurants and cafes. Grab something to eat before embarking on your journey.
B. Try apple picking and some sweet desserts at Pine Farms Orchard1
and Country Apple Orchard Farms2. Make sure to check online for their picking schedules.
C. Pick up some fresh turkeys, produce, and baked goods at Round the Bend Farm. There are always fun events happening at the farm, especially for the kids – stop by and give them a try!
D. You must try some cake or chocolate from Dorio’s Kettleby Bakery. The locals rave about their excellent customer service, home-cooked Italian meals, and delicious baked goods.
E. Have a unique lunch at The Blossom Café at Pathways to Perennials, and be seated within the lush outdoor gardens. Enjoy the variety of plant life and view the beautiful Zen garden.
F. At Main Street Schomberg, there is a variety of delicious local restaurants and cafes. We suggest The Scruffy
Duck Restaurant, Leonardo’s On Main, The Schomberg Pub & Patio, Grackle Coffee, and Port Soiree Restaurant Café.
G. If you are still hungry, you must try the “southern style” comfort food at 1812 Grillhouse. Try their award winning dishes in a warm, comfortable atmosphere.
H. Pick up some fresh produce, baked goods, and honey at Canal Road Farmers Market (June – first Saturday of November). Call ahead (905-775-0046) to learn about available crops and opening times.
I. Try delicious European and Ontario wines at Holland Marsh Wineries. Guests are invited to tour the grounds and vineyard, and learn about their authentic winemaking process. Call ahead (905-775-4924) to book your visit!
J. Give a variety of exciting watersports and other land-based activities a try at Spray Lake Watersports and Activity Centre. A team of trained professionals are passionate about helping watersport enthusiasts learn and improve their skills. Visit spraylake.ca for more information.
K. For an intimate dining experience overlooking a vast golf course, visit The RedCrest Bistro. Enjoy the beautiful indoor and outdoor fireplaces, cozy atmosphere, and the amazing view before returning to your starting point.
Maps and directions courtesy of